söndag 20 april 2014

Transformed in His presence




Just a while ago I was standing in the middle of a circle of wonderful people, and they were all laying hands on me. Praying. Prophesying. The anointing was passed on through the laying on of hands, and I could feel the power flow into my hands – once again. Now I’m sitting here in my hotel room, and I just keep looking at all these things around me: the new clothes I was blessed with, the piles of books, CD:s and DVD:s with powerful teachings all based on the living Word of God. What can say? Surely my God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly ABOVE all I could ever have asked or imagined! (Eph 3:20)

  Those of you who have been following my journey already know that I’m very soon stepping into something new. I have not written quite what it is, and it will remain a secret for almost another two weeks. I’ll be “home” in Finland on April 30th, which is in just ten days, and I would rather keep my plans a secret until I’m home and can speak with people face to face – because I know some people will have questions. Those who are truly in the Lord will be able to rejoice with me, but other people will not be able to hear the voice behind the voice, which is why I find it better to keep some things secret for another ten days…

  These last few weeks have been absolutely amazing. On my way home I stopped over on Cook Islands, and stayed on a YWAM-base for a week. It was a great blessing to see what God is doing there, and also be a part of all that. Coming from there to Healing Springs Church in North Carolina was a shock – in a positive way! I have NEVER before been received with such great love. Through these faithful servants God has been fulfilling promises He gave me years and years ago, and I have just been standing there, amazed by His goodness and His love. 

 When I stood there tonight, surrounded by such wonderful people speaking great things into my life, I was reminded by where I have come from. Suddenly I remembered how I stood on those railway tracks, waiting for a train, ready to give up my life. I felt I had lost everything. I had lost all hope and joy, and I had no reason left for living. For a long time I had not been living but barely surviving, and I thought it was about time to put an end to this suffering. But God had something else planned…

  I had come to a point in life where nothing mattered – and that’s why I can say that Christ is my ALL. I’ve been down in the deepest pit of depression, suffering under demonic oppression and suicidal thoughts – and that’s why I know what freedom in Christ really is. Because I once had lost all joy I now know what true joy is – it’s something beyond happiness and smiling. It’s something only God Himself in His great goodness can give. After experiencing rejection and coldness I know the importance and greatness of the love of our Father.

  A religious person may say that God made me go through those tough times to mold me. But you know what? He didn’t. God did NOT bring depression into my life. God did NOT make me suicidal. God did NOT take away my joy just so that I would appreciate it more. NO. That is not who God is. What happened was a result of my past, and a totally wrong image of who God really is. Yet God was able to turn that horrible situation into something great. 

Very often we hear Christians singing “God will give and take away”. When I was a baby in faith I got it all wrong. I thought God gives a gift, but if I’m not good enough He might take it away – but that’s a dangerous misconception that dishonors God! Never think that God would change His mind – the Bible says He doesn’t! James 1:17 states that “every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, who does not change like shifting shadows”. More scriptural basis to prove the goodness of God is found in e.g. Matt 7:7-11, Phil 4:19, and Rom 8:32, and many scriptures such as Heb 13:8 show that Jesus (God) does not change!

What does it mean then when we sing “God gives and takes away”? It means that God takes our sins, our mistakes and shortcomings, our sicknesses and weaknesses, everything that was not a part of His plan for mankind from the beginning. What He gives in return is eternal life, salvation, healing, joy, prosperity, power, strength, knowledge, wisdom, blessings… His heavenly storehouses are full of His blessings! When I started to grow in faith I was told that "God never gives too much". Excuse me? Where is that in the Bible? David writes "my cup overflows" (Ps 23:5), and that is during the Old Covenant - but the covenant we are living in is based on even better promises! (Heb 8:6) God is El Shaddai - the one who nourishes, supplies and satisfies! "Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Ps 34:10). God does not give barely enough so that we might just be able to make it, but He gives so much that we are able to bless others (2 Cor 9:7-10). We are blessed to bless! Hallelujah!

God rescued me when I was ready to fall. He came and rescued me from the desert. He has healed me and restored me, and He has put a new song in my mouth. He has done great and mighty things, and I know that there is nothing in this world I could ever live for if it wasn’t for Him. He is my everything, and without Him I’m nothing. People sometimes think I take this Jesus-thing too seriously, but I don’t agree. First of all Jesus took me pretty seriously on the cross, so I have every reason to take Him seriously. Secondly God is not interested in people who make Him a hobby and church a Sunday-thing. He says it very clearly in His Word – He wants us no fire, not lukewarm (Rev 3:16). That is why I want to dedicate my life to serving Him.

  Soon it’s time for me to go back to my home country – and I’m not just going back, I’m SENT back. I am sent back with a mission, and I know that God will help me fulfill all of His plans, everything He has laid on my heart and spoken to me about. I am so thankful that He has led me to so many wonderful people who are ready to stand with me, fighting for the people of Finland. I know that I’m not standing alone. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed” (Prov 15:22), and “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Ecc 4:12). Thank you Jesus. <3

1 kommentar: